top of page
Flamenco con Magdalena
When not teaching, performing, or choreographing, Magdalena can be found dancing "por fiesta" on the streets of her second home in Seville, Spain.
In the mid 90’s Magdalena helped revive the NYC
Flamenco scene, cutting her teeth on stage at local
Manhattan venues such as Alegrías, Ñ, Kaña and Xunta.
Since then she has performed various dance companies and taught Visiting Artist workshops across the U.S.
Inspired by her own first mentors, Magdalena is best known for her traditional style which focuses on the grace, majesty, rhythm and musicality of Flamenco.
She integrates her unique artistic and educational training into an exciting study program for
people of all ages and backgrounds.
Magdalena has been inspiring audience members
and students alike for over 25 years. In 2013
she moved with her family from NYC to Washington D.C.. Inspired by her little dancing daughter she then created Flamenco 4 Kids!™ - a community based organization which brings the sights, sounds,
and movements of Andalucía to the DMV.
F4K serves private and public schools
in the area as well as hundreds of local families.
Magdalena is known for her focus on the rhythm
and musicality of Flamenco Dance. She expertly weaves extensive knowledge of the craft with her academic background in education and social services.
She has been awarded grants byThe Field
and Fractured Atlas for her work as an individual
performing artist. Magdalena is a teacher at heart, dedicated to students and the exciting
journey of learning.
Some career highlights...
• Coached opera singer Janara Kellerman in preparation for her role as Carmen, New York City Opera
• Recorded footwork with internationally acclaimed singer/songwriter Antony & the Johnsons
• Featured in filmmaker Lisa Katzman's documentary, "Flamenco: Here and There" about the foreign Flamenco Dancer's journey
• Awarded space and production grant from the field & Abrons Arts Center
• Appeared in playwright Robert Cucuzza's "Speed Freaks" at the Ontological Theater
bottom of page